The Cookie Jar
Who doesn't like cookies?
A book about choices.
Click the Amazon link above to order your copy of
The Cookie Jar!
The Cookie Jar is a wordless picture book for your child to read on their own or conversationally with a parent/guardian. Encouraging reading a variety of books at an early age helps your preschooler/toddler develop a love for reading. This has many psychological and mental benefits. Children who are exposed to more reading opportunities not only have a richer vocabulary but also more advanced oral communication skills. As a direct result of this your child will have increased listening and receptive skills.
The benefits to reading early are endless and seen in improved self-confidence with peers and adults resulting in a stronger self-image. Your child will also have more social awareness and help those that are struggling.
By introducing your child to pre-readers, also known as wordless books, at a young age you encourage creativity and imagination. The world opens to new possibilities once you can read. Your preschooler will be cognitively and psychologically ahead and not stressed with learning in a classroom full of kids.
5 Cognitive Benefits in Reading Wordless Picture Books. Also known as pre-readers.
1. Promotes a love for reading and lifelong learning. With that comes knowledge.
2. Promotes conversation and therefore advanced communication skills such as verbal, reasoning and listening skills.
3. Promotes imagination and creativity. Need I say more......
4. Builds confidence in reading and therefore the child will not be fearful to go to the next level, they will therefore be more fluent readers.
5. It promotes improved attention spans and better concentration. One starts with a few pages and gradually increase the amount as the child develops mentally.
What a joy it is to see your child pick up a book and page through it without you having to ask! My prayer is that these books will help you help your child!
Click the Amazon link below to order your copy of The Cookie Jar.